╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
☼ ♥ ☼ ♥ ☼ MILO MARATHON ☼ ♥ ☼ ♥ ☼
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝
More Shoes. More Dreams.
For years, the National MILO® Marathon has been the biggest running event in the country. This year, it will hold its biggest advocacy campaign to date. Ten thousand more MILO® running shoes will be given to underprivileged children in 2012. That’s more than twice as much as MILO® gave away in 2010.
Same as last year, for every runner who joins the National MILO® Marathon, a portion of the registration fee will be allotted to the advocacy. And the money raised will be used to produce running shoes that will be donated to different public schools selected by the Department of Education in the areas where the 36th National MILO® Marathon will be held.
All these efforts are in line with the commitment of MILO® to build a nation of champions. Because MILO® believes that MILO® is not just giving away running shoes, but also providing these kids with something they can wear to be champions not just in sports, not just in school, but also in life.
To inspire & equip underprivileged school children to excel in sports & in life by providing them a pair of shoes.
- To be part of the advocacy, one must register and participate in any of the 36th National MILO® Marathon races. A portion of the registration fee of each runner (amounting to P10) will go to the fund to be used for buying rubber shoes.
- In return, MILO® will contribute an amount equivalent to the total fund raised from the registration fees.
- The shoes will be donated to selected public schools in the areas where the 2012 MILO® marathon will be held. There will be five (5) recipient schools per provincial area and ten (10) per manila race. Each school will receive 100 pairs of rubber shoes.
- The process of identifying the recipient public schools per city will be as follows:
- The public school must be in the official list of schools who participated in the 2010 edition of the National MILO® Marathon. For cities not visited last year, selection will be based on the previous files available in the NMM database. To give chance to others, schools that were chosen as recipients in 2010 will not be included this year.
- Based on the list, recipient public schools per area will be determined by means of a raffle.
- The raffle will be carried out in the presence of DepEd representatives, MILO® marathon Manila organizers, and Nestle representatives.
- The school principal, guidance counselor, PE teacher, and MILO®coordinator will work together in identifying the deserving recipients based on the following criteria:
- For elementary level, the child must be 7 to 11 years old, while for high school level, the child must be 13 to15 years old. All recipients should be bona fide students of the school.
- The child must be a current athlete of the school or has the potential to excel in sports.
- The child must pass the academic requirements set by the school.
- Priority will be given to those who have participated in last year’s MILO® marathon.
- The PE teacher/Sports coordinator will monitor and assess the student’s development in academics, sports, and character.
This year, 10,000 more shoes will be given away.
As of 2011, 14,200 pairs of shoes have been given to
The National MILO® Marathon was first held on May 26, 1974 with some 747 runners responding enthusiastically to the starting gun that ushered in the marathon era locally. 10 years after, MILO® succeeded in popularizing running as a sport, with a growing number of runners responding to the call of the MILO® Marathon.
36th National MILO® Marathon Race Schedules:
|1||Baguio||July 1, 2012|
|2||Dagupan||July 8, 2012|
|3||Tarlac||July 15, 2012|
|4||Angeles||July 22, 2012|
|5||Metro Manila Eliminations||July 29, 2012|
|6||Naga||August 19, 2012|
|7||San Pablo||September 2, 2012|
|8||Lipa||September 16, 2012|
|9||Puerto Princesa||September 23, 2012|
|10||Tagbilaran||September 30, 2012|
|11||Cebu||October 7, 2012|
|12||Bacolod||October 14, 2012|
|13||Iloilo||October 28, 2012|
|14||General Santos||November 4, 2012|
|15||Davao||November 11, 2012|
|16||Butuan||November 18, 2012|
|17||Cagayan de Oro||November 25, 2012|
|18||Metro Manila Finals||December 9, 2012|